Added Security® is the only extended service contract
1. What does an Added Security extended service contract cover?
You may choose from two different levels of coverage:
- Classic plans cover nearly 1000 parts in all major component areas, including engine, transmission, drivetrains, front suspension, steering, brakes, electrical, cooling and fuel systems and air conditioning. Also provides towing and rental car reimbursement for covered repairs.
- Gold Plus plans include all Classic plan coverage plus hundreds more parts. In fact they provide essentially the same "bumper-to-bumper" coverage as the basic factory warranty. Only a few maintenance items and body parts are not covered. The Gold Plus plan also reimburses for lodging and meals when a breakdown interrupts your out-of-town travel, plus: 24-hour emergency roadside assistance*, $100 allowance for "Sign & Drive" dispatched towing, jump start, tire change, gasoline delivery, locksmith service, road hazard tire protection, computerized trip routing, dealer locator service and travel assistance.
2. Does Subaru also have a Maintenance Plan?
Yes, you can choose the maintenance plan best for you:
- 2 or 3 years/30,000; 36,000; or 45,000 miles
- Mileage intervals - 3,750 or 7,500
These plans are especially attractive if you lease your Subaru. You can include the cost in your lease payment. Then with the maintenance plan, your only auto expense may be at the gas pump! And the roadside assistance package is included at no extra cost.
- Enables you to lock-in the cost of the scheduled maintenance required to keep your basic factory warranty in force and your car in tip-top running condition.
- Provides service by factory trained technicians
- Guarantees the use of genuine Subaru parts
- Allows your car to be serviced at a quality Subaru dealer at a competitive price
3. What other benefits do Added Security contracts include?
- Enhance the resale value of your car. Any remaining coverage can be transferred to another private owner. (Must be transferred within 30 days of purchase) Or you can cancel your coverage and apply for a pro rate refund.
- If you choose a plan with a deductible, you will pay it only once for each repair visit. Some other plans charge a deductible for each different component repaired during the same visit.
- Added Security protects your investment and provides an inflation hedge on future repairs. As with other goods and services, the cost of parts and labor will increase.
4. What cars are eligible for Added Security?
Added Security was created exclusively for Subaru cars. Any Subaru model that is still covered under Subaru of America's basic warranty is eligible for Added Security, unless it is used commercially or is equipped with a snowplow.
5. How long does the service contract coverage last?
You can select the length of coverage that best suits your needs. You have a choice between eight different plan terms. You can even choose a plan that covers your Subaru until it is seven years old or has accumulated 100,000 odometer miles, whichever comes first. The plan term is calculated from the start of the factory warranty and at zero miles.
6. Where should I go to have covered repairs performed?
Added Security is honored throughout the United States and Canada at nearly 600 authorized Subaru dealers, where you can be sure to get genuine Subaru replacement parts installed by factory trained technicians. However, in emergency situations, you may call our toll-free number for assistance and approval to have the repairs done by an authorized repair facility.